<?php
$separator = "WHERE ";
$sql_query = "SELECT * FROM table_name ";
if(isset($_POST['select1']))  // Or maybe if($_POST['select1'] != ""))
{
        $sql_query .= $separator;
        $sql_query .= "col1 = '{$_POST['select1']}' ";
        $separator = "AND ";
}
if(isset($_POST['select2']))
{
        $sql_query .= $separator;
        $sql_query .= "col2 = '{$_POST['select2']}' ";
        $separator = "AND ";
}
if(isset($_POST['select3']))
{
        $sql_query .= $separator;
        $sql_query .= "col3 = '{$_POST['select3']}' ";
        $separator = "AND ";
}

run_sql_query_here(...)

?>