Of course not on an open list that's crossed to the newsgroups ...

However, there's a "deny" list on ezmlm that the moderator can add addresses
to. As a manager of a number of ezmlm mailing lists I've done that - which
really infuriates the "spammers" - they still get the posts until they
unsubscribe (or ask me to help them) but they can't post in the meantime.

There are times, especially when someone's changed email addresses but has
forwarding, or whose mail system doesn't believe that any email address
should be longer than (some number of characters), when it is difficult or
impossible for someone to unsubscribe. In that case the list owner gets
involved.