[snip]
Want to meet other PHP developers in your area? Check out:

http://php.meetup.com/

Pretty nifty idea... especially given the lack of user groups in the U.S.
[/snip]

I thought for others who had not seen this I would post this. There is
probably already a user group in your area if you live near a major city.
According to the PHPusergroups.org web site
[http://www.phpusergroups.org/groups.phtml?menu=groups] there 189 PHP user
groups in 52 countries.

While there is nothing in my area (closest is Houston, over 3 hours away
:^[ , and I thought there would be one in Austin, even if I don't want to
drive an hour to go drink an adult beverage or two.) but you may find one
already exists in your area. Meetup is a cool idea, and appears to be
gaining ground slowly. Jon, did you cross-post to all PHP lists?

Jay

"Code! Yes. A programmer's strength flows from code maintainability. But
beware of Perl. Terse syntax... more than one way to do it...default
variables. The dark side of code maintainability are they. Easily they flow,
quick to join you when code you write.  If once you start down the dark
path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will." -- Yoda
(or maybe Coda)