Emile:

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 09:58:53PM +0100, Emile Axelrad wrote:

>         $data = mssql_result(mssql_query("SELECT Field FROM table WHERE
> ID='1'"),0);
>         mysql_insert("INSERT INTO table2 VALUES('$data')");

Ouch.

First, you're mixing and matching mssql and mysql functions.  Second,
there is no function named mysql_insert().  Third, mssql_result() requires
three arguments, you only provided two.  Fourth, if you mean to be calling
mysql_result(), I've never seen folks call it with a mysql_query()
function in it, people usually call the query function separately first
and put the resource identifier into a variable.  Fifth, all of this could
be thrown off by your retyping the example rather than copying/pasting or
importing the acutal script that's giving you the error.  Sixth, you
posted the same question twice.

--Dan

--
               PHP classes that make web design easier
        SQL Solution  |   Layout Solution   |  Form Solution