From: César Aracena [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 12:04 PM
To: PHP General List
Subject: [PHP] IF inside LOOP?

Hi all.

I've been fooling around with a LOOP which should show one or more text
string stored in separate rows in a DB. The trick would we to separate
them with commas (,) when there's another string to show or end it with
a period (.) if no other row is found according to the SELECT criteria.
This is what I have so far:

for ($m=0; $m<$num_rows2; $m++)
{
$row2 = mysql_fetch_array($result2);

echo $row2[devlanguage];

if ($m < $num_rows2)
{
echo ", ";
}
else
{
echo ".";

The problem is that the LOOP stops as it's told to do, keeping the ELSE
statement from doing it's work, resulting in comma separated string as
it should, but also add an extra comma at the end of it instead of a
period. What approach should I use?

Thanks in advance,

 <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Cesar Aracena
CE / MCSE+I
Neuquen, Argentina
+54.299.6356688
+54.299.4466621