From: Alexander Ross [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 11:56 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] newbie: mysql statement

I want to update the most recent record (based on the timestamp in field
posted) where the parent field == a specified value (in a table called
header).

I tried the following mysql statement:

"UPDATE header WHERE parent = '$this->postid' ORDER by posted SET
parent='$this->parent' LIMIT1";

but apparently you can't use ORDER in an UPDATE statement.  If I take order
out, the statement works.  That being true (and please correct me if its
not) how can I ensure that the newest record is the one being acted upon?
Thanks.