I hate to say it, but the easiest way to maintain this might just be to
do all of the hyperlinking from within Word, with its own
function/buttons, etc, and then save the Word document as HTML. Yeah,
it'll be bloated and crappy HTML, but it'll load into a browser. Then,
when she needs to update it, she just updates the word document, and
resaves it as HTML format in the web root...

---John Holmes...