I have a situation where I have one browser window open for lets say web
application 'x'. Now I want my user to goto application 'y' on the same
domain in a new browser window by passing the authentication information
from application 'x' to application 'y'. I obviously donot want my
session variables to be continued in application 'y'. But at the same
time I donot want to destroy the session of my application 'x'

Since they r in two COMPLETELY separate browser windows, both sessions
should logically be separate. But for some reason IE & netscape take a
new window in the same Instance.

Is there any way I can open a new browser instance, such that the same
session is not continued and a new session in created leaving the old
session as it is?

Or is there any other work around for the same?

- Divyank