check that the gaps between the domains are really spaces
eg: echo ord($HTTP_POST_VARS["domains"]{11});

I did this through a test script:

<?
$HTTP_POST_VARS["domains"] = "www.php.net www.jokaroo.com www.gnu.org";
$site = explode(" ",$HTTP_POST_VARS["domains"]);
print_r($site);
exit;
?>

and got this as the output

Array
(
    [0] => www.php.net
    [1] => www.jokaroo.com
    [2] => www.gnu.org
)

But the email program (yours or mine) might be converting the gap to
spaces... (??)