We recently upgraded to php 4.2.1 with Apache and our scripts that access
MySQL now fail in mysql_connect().    Apache shows the following:

Warning: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password:
YES) in /var/apache/share/scripts/ais/itweb/projects.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user:
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES) in
/var/apache/share/scripts/ais/itweb/projects.php on line 40
Sorry... Could not connect to database

Not sure why it says it's using password: YES.  The call is
mysql_connect("host", "fred", "password") as it always has been.  I thought
that perhaps the function call has changed to include an extra parameter or
something, but haven't found anything that says that's true.

Can someone tell me what I can do to get these scripts working again?  All
of my scripts that use MySQL are failing in this same way.

Thanks,

Brian McLaughlin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]