On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, B i g D o g wrote:
> I figured that the comma was to concatenate but is was wondering if the
> parser handled it different.

The comma isn't actually for concatenation. The net effect is the same in
this case, but a very different thing is happening.

  echo "hello " , "there";

Here 'echo' is printing two separate arguments. First it is printing
"hello " and then it is printing "there".

  echo "hello " . "there";

Here the strings are concatenated to form a single string ("hello there")
and then this is processed by echo which prints it out.

The effects are the same, as I said, but it's important to realize why
they're very different ways of getting that effect.

miguel