Thanks, but all these "methods" require modification of the scripts
already on the server, and it won't ensure any new script being written
by a user on my system to comply.
Are you all saying that there are no logs kept by default of errors
generated on php/mysql pages at all unless specifically coded? Wouldn't
it be possible then in future PHP releases to have a "set_error_logging"
directive in the php.ini file that will automatically run a wrapper
function on all mysql_query() functions to do this kind of thing?

How are people out there managing the scripts/script errors caused  by
users on their systems? Or is it a case of "handling the crisis when it
happens"?
You see, as administrator, I need to be able to quickly see who are
coding in such a way as to leave security holes, or even worse, cause
the server to crash due to poor coding. There are almost 1000 individual
php files on my server, and it wouldn't be possible for me to scrutinize
all of them to make sure they are OK.
Are there any admins out there that have policies about scripting
practices on their systems; ie, checking a script from a user before it
is allowed to be uploaded etc?

Thanks