Is there a way to limit the total number of persistent connection to an
oracle database?  I know this functionality exists for MySQL through a
setting in the php.ini but I haven't found it for oracle.  I am in an
environment where we have about 10 users that connect to oracle from
each of 10 webservers that each have about 20 apache processes and I
would like to use persistent connections but the resulting 2000
connections would overwhelm oracle.  I am looking at reducing the number
of users but that will be a large undertaking to go through the entire
codebase.  Any ideas?

Eric