on 25/07/02 5:37 PM, Miguel Cruz ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> In almost every case, mail() will return true, regardless of how bogus the
> destination email address is.
>
> mail() just dumps it into the mail queue. There's a lot that goes on
> between there and delivery, and mail() doesn't wait around.

That's what I figured/feared :)

> You'll need to catch bounces as they come in. To make life easier, assign
> your own unique Message-IDs and remember them, so you can easily
> invalidate addresses.

Erm, I'm on a shared server, so I don't *think* it's that easy unfortunately
-- I can't get a message to bounce to the From: or Reply-To: headers I set.
My guess is it goes to an address set in php.ini, or somewhere else, and is
global to the entire server (doesn't help me).

Unless I can set it was .htaccess or ini_set().

TIA

Justin French