> My server is running on shared server which has support for PHP 4.1.2.
> installed mySQL for our shared server. I also installed phpMyAdmin.
Both
> are running properly. But I am facing following problems
>
> 1) If there is any error in the script - It is not getting displayed -
> screen is becoming blank, so it is becoming very difficult for me to
make
> out any mistake.

Check PHP.ini and make sure display_errors is ON.

> 2) I am trying to send email - but not getting any email. This is the
> script
> <?
> $mailBody = "This is one line \ n This is a second line \n\n this is a
> third line";
>
> $boolMail = mail ("[EMAIL PROTECTED]", "Test mail", $mailBody);
> print ("Email has been send ");
> ?>
>
> I am getting print statement but not the mail. Any extra settings are
> required ?

Just the settings in PHP.ini in the mail section. Ensure you are even
using a PHP.ini to begin with, too. If there isn't one, PHP will use its
own defaults.

Load up a page that has just <? Phpinfo(); ?> in it and in the first
block shown, it'll tell you where PHP thinks it's PHP.ini file is. Edit
that file if it's there. If it's not, then look for a PHP-ini.dist or
PHP-ini.recommended in the files you downloaded and rename it to PHP.ini
and copy it to that location.

---John Holmes...