> Call me a cynic but to maintain your status as php god you have to
> contribute to the list so you can sign a book deal.

Cynic? Rather paranoid

> Scott wrote:
> > For what it's worth, I just left a 50,000 employee company that
would
> not
> > let me use PHP in production until I showed them the Zend suite of
> > products.  When I asked for the money to buy their IDE and it
arrived I
> > was allowed to move my PHP code to production.
>
> So zend charges a huge amount of money so that your boss can feel good
> about
> making the right decision.

It happens everywhere, and not only for PHP but for all Open Source.
Very often this behavior is seem when desiding the Linux platforms over
MS. And, that is what pulls decision makers choosing ASP and JSP - they
are products, not projects.

> That's great but how's that working?  Is php
> becoming a contender?  Like I said before do a search for php
developers,
> you won't find any demand for it.  Jsp is newer then php and they have
> lot
> more jobs available so something isn't working.

Things ARE working, there is just a lot of conservatism within
e-business.

Sincerely,

Maxim Maletsky

PHP Beginner