I'm doing something very similar on a project I'm working on, except I'm
using radio buttons. I'm not quite sure what are using the ID for (for
style sheets or a data ID). If you are using it as a data ID, then you
can make it part of the topic[] array. So it would look like this:
<input type='checkbox' name="topic['45']" value='a value'>

Then to process the array, you would do something like this:
while (list($checkboxID,$checkboxValue) = each $topic) {
        // Your process code
}

Each check box is then referenced by the two variables $checkboxID and
$checkboxValue. There are a number of ways ou can do this, really any
way you would process and array (i.e. foreach). I prefer this way
because I can give logical names to the array elements I am using.

On Saturday, August 10, 2002, at 02:56 PM, PeterV wrote:

> I,
> I don't have my books here and it's been a while since I did PHP, and
> google isn't helping:
> How do I code a bunch of checkboxes with id's, and then loop trough the
> result as an array after POSTing it?
> What I have now:
> <input type='checkbox' id='45' name='topic[]' value='45'>
> doesn't return an array $topic??
> Thanks,
> Peter

Brent Baisley