Well, first off sory for a very basic question, but i really dont know
where else to look for the answer. Heres my dilemma:

        I need to code a backend for this site i am building, the backend will
manage the news for the front page. The database stuff is pretty straight
forward (so far!), but i need to validate who does the managing, i mean,
some sort of login for only a few people. I am thinking of using
username/pass from a table and all that but the thing is, how do i do the
validating itself? Sure i know how to check for valid user/pass, but then
what happens for the rest of the pages inside the backend, how do i keep
the user validated and make sure only he can browse inside that "secure"
mini site?
        Dont know if i am explaining things right, hmm, ok, any of you guys are
familiar with gryematter? It validates the user at the start and then we
can do whatever we want inside. I want to prevent users from skipping the
login and just typing the other page url and go on from there.
        I use sessions, cookies? what? can you provide me with some urls for my
research, or at least what to look for?
        Thanks a lot, really appreciate all the help.

        Pag