Oh, I think see what your saying now. Why not try
leaving it named a .php file and simply setting the
content disposition to "word/rtf" or whatever the
appropriate type is? I do that with PDF's, so that
the page you goto is named .php but it auto-loads the
PDF plugin because it see's the content disposition.

Adam Voigt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 11:56, Kai Hinkelmann wrote:
> Yes, that is the intention! The browser SHOULD open WORD (or Wordpad
or what
> else) and the script should generate the content on the server,
independent
> from the client.
>
> The problem must lie within IIS- oder PHP-Configuration.
>
> But I don't know, where.
>
> "Adam Voigt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > My guess would be that this is a browser issue, with the
> > browser associating .rtf with a word doc (or Rich Text to be
> > more accurate) and if this is the case, there's not much you
> > can do except not name your PHP files .rtf. Since, each person
> > who comes to your site will most likely have .rtf set as
> > a Rich Text Document and will try and interpret it.
> >
> > Adam Voigt
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 11:44, Kai Hinkelmann wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I want to execute a php-script, which file-extension ist .rtf.
Though I