General rule of thumb - create indexes on any fields which will be used in
the conditional part of a select statement, whether where or join. Since
you are working with tables, you can save yourself a lot of typing by
dropping the "table_" from the table names. After all, that's what they
are. (You can do this unless you've gone too far with your system.)

Miles Thompson