In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
> Hello People:
>
> I have my pages built in PHP / Mysql, all working ok, but now I need
> solve a problem I don't know how to solve or even how search about. Case
> this problem was already discussed in this list, I would be grateful if
> someone pass to me correct date so I can search about.
>
> My problem is very simple: I have customers who dont want enter into
> html pages to retrieve some info (suppose info are stock values), but
> rather they want to send email with formatted query into mail subject
> (or at least in body) , and then receive response again by email.
>
> For instance, customer could send this for [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> subject: name=ibm, year=2001
> body: (empty)
>
> In response, he should receive an email with all IBM stock prices day by
> day.
>
> That't all, I hope this will have solution, but I can't figure how email
> could communicate automatically with PHP/Mysql.
>
> Thanks
>
> Miguel

Depending on the type of system you are running on and the level of
control you have, have mail to a nominated address piped to a php script
which parses the mail and responds accordingly.

This would need php compiled as an executable to run the script as mail is
received.

--
David Robley
Temporary Kiwi!