On 16 Aug 2002 at 23:40, electroteque wrote:

> hi guys i was wondering if there was anyway to have a progress bar for
> uploading images ?

TMTOWDI, but here is a way I did something similar. I was spidering remote sites and
to get user's data and store in a database and the user could not continue until
the spider spun it's web.

I accpeted the data I needed and then returned a page with the HTTP-REFRESH tag in it
with something like this

URL=http://yoursite.com/verify_upload?process_id=X&amp;action=check_upload"&amp;timer=X>

So it refreshes every 10 seconds and checks to see if process X  has finished, if so
then redirect to the next step,  if not then just return but upgrade the timer so you
can increase your counter (perhaps a percentage in a table cell).

Peter