Hi all,

I can ACCESS a cookie with something like:

<?=$_COOKIE['name']?>

but I can't seem to modify a cookie in the same way:

<?
$_COOKIE['name'] = "new value";
?>

Much in the same way that I *can* do it with $_SESSION.

To change the value of a cookie, I seem to have to set it again, with the
different values.

I *assume* this is expected behaviour, but I thought I'd check, and make
sure that it is.

If at all possible, it'd be a great feature in a future release... have
$_COOKIE respond to new values the same way as $_SESSION.  I guess the catch
is that it'd have to be PRIOR to any browser output, to avoid errors.

Justin French