MD5 is a one-way hash.  There is no way to get information back out of it.
If he keeps a copy of the hash locally to comare instead of the original
password, this is still as vulnerable as using the original password in this
case.  The only thing it would protect from is making available the original
password (which may be used by the user for other sites, applications, etc).

---
Seairth Jacobs
[EMAIL PROTECTED]