Hi,

I'm working on a site where I'm using geeklog
http://geeklog.sourceforge.net/

It has the requirement that

> "Geeklog needs the register_globals variable turned on in order to work.
> Since PHP 4.2.0, the default for register_globals is "off". To fix it,
> simply add the following line to your php.ini file

Is this not *wrong*. It sounds to me like fake laziness. Nothing drives
me bonkers more than trying to track down a variable that is inherited
from who knows where.

Perhaps I'm missing something. I've recently worked on a lot of PHP
code written by others and it's a nightmare trying to track down where
a variable is defined and where it's value might be changed.  Perhaps
there is some tool I can use to trace this. I dunno.

Am I correct in my aversion to globals or I am I missing their true
value and perhaps some tools I could use when working on apps that have
more than 50 php files floating all over the place and no
documentation.

Peter