>Hello again, so earlier I was trying to install
>PHP-4.2.2 with Apache-2.0.40 and was having some sapi
>problems.  I then read that I might be better off
>going with Apache-1.3.26.  Well, I installed 1.3.26,
>and then configured and installed php into apache as a
>DSO.  Everything appeared to go smoothly, except when
>I try to start up Apache, I get the following error
>message:
>
>Syntax error on line 205 of
>/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
>API module structure `php4_module' in file
>/usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so is garbled
>-perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?
>/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not
>be started

When you compiled PHP, it didn't really work.

There are some error messages you missed as they flew by during that whole
./configure make make install thing.

Re-do that part, only do things like this:

./configure --with-apxs=... --with-mysql=... 2>&1 > configure.output &
make 2>&1 > make.output &
make install 2>&1 > install.output &

You'll be able to watch things happen by doing:

tail -f configure.output

(Hit control-C when it's done)

and similarly for make.output and install.output

When you're all done, search through configure.output and make.output for
"Error" or "Warning" messages.

--
Like Music?  http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm