In a prior post, Rasmus Lerdorf said in response to implementing digest
authentication:

> we do not have digest auth support in PHP yet.

Is it not possible to manually implement digest authentication in PHP?  Or
does PHP preprocess the "Authorization" request header such that the
information is not retrievable from within the script?  I am guessing that
there are no issues in sending the "WWW-Authenticate" and
"Authentication-Info" response headers using the header() function.

Is digest just currently out of the question when using PHP or is it that I
just have to manually implement it?

---
Seairth Jacobs
[EMAIL PROTECTED]