Hi,
Appologies if this comes through twice. I tried to post it via goolg groups
but it didn't seem to work.

If I run the following script from within apache, then the script
fails and returns $error=2
<?php
$data="this is a test";
$GNUPGHOME="/home/nobody/.gnupg";
putenv("GNUPGHOME=$GNUPGHOME");
$HOME="/home/nobody/";
putenv("HOME=$HOME");
system ("echo '$data' |/usr/bin/gpg -vv --clearsign -u testing -o
/home/httpd/html/nic/output --passphrase-fd 2
2</home/httpd/html/nic/test",$error);
print $error;
?>
.
I've seen quite a lot on the web about this suggesting that it's a
permissions problem.
However, If I add #!/usr/bin/php to the top of the script and make it
executable, then su to 'nobody' (which appache runs as) then the
script runs perfectly from the command line - so I think that the
permissions are all OK.
Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Regards,
Jon Lawrence