I was looking into stripping HTML files that contain alot of links. I
was trying to avoid the manual way of data entry. The contents i need
are the name of the link (plain text which sits out side the HTML code)
and all the a href tags. I would like the a href  (ie.the hyperlink)
tags to be displayed on the HTML output as plain text. All other HTML
tags would be kept in place.

The reason why I am doing this is that I am placing a link's name and
the http:// link in to flat files, where they can be updated just by
appending to them. The srcipt that I have does the rest.

I have looked into the functions suggested but do find the concepts and
use of the opperators to strip the HTML involved esoteric and tricky.

¬¬Chuck¬¬