Hello,

On 08/30/2002 01:43 AM, Ellen O'Neal wrote:
> I have sent an email using mail function in which the
> subject and email body have charset=big5.
>
> Customers with outlook express can read the big5
> chinese characters without any trouble.  However,
> people who read their emails from Lotus Notes complain
> that they cannot read the subject.  But, they can read
> the email body because I have set charset in the
> header:
>    $mailHeader="From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]\r\nContent-type:
>                 text/plain; charset=big5\r\n" ;
>
> My mail statement looks like the following:
>

> mail($mailTo, $mailSubject, $mailBody, $mailHeader) ;
> where $mailSubject and $mailBody are both big5 char.
>
> Is there a way I can set $mailSubject charset=big5?

Content-type only specifies the charset for the body.

You need to use q encoding in the header values to specify the charset
and encode the characters.

You may want to try this MIME message composing and sending that among
many other things encodes the header with any charset that you specify:

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos