>I am proceeding with adding support for gd-2.0.1, libpng-1.2.0, jpeg-6b,
>zlib-1.1.4, and freetype-2.1.2. The configure script is ending with an
>error. Here is my configure command as well. I am using PHP 4.0.6.
>
>./configure \
>--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs \
>--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \
>--with-gd=/usr/local/src/gd-2.0.1 \
>--with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib \
>--with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/include \
>--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib \
>--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/include/freetype2
>
>"configure: error: Unable to find libgd.(a|so) anywhere under
>/usr/local/include/freetype2".
>
>I search for libgd.so which is located in /usr/lib. What am doing wrong? Am
>I pointing to the correct gd location and/or freetype location?

No.  All of your locations are a little "off"

configure needs to find *BOTH* libgd.so *and* libgd.h

.so files go inside of /lib and .h files go inside of /include

So you need to point configure to the part of the directory that is the
"same" for both:

/usr/local

Don't worry that there's that freetype2 inside the include where the .h
files really live.  configure already knows about that.  But you've *got* to
put it on the trail "high" enough in the directory system to sniff out both
freetype2.so and freetype2/*.h files.

--
Like Music?  http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm