OK, I found the reason, but not the solution yet:

The cookie time during setting is the time taken from the server. The time
for checking the coockie is the time of the local machine!!

So what can I do if I would like to last the coockie for 1 hour and the
person is sitting on the other site of the world running 10 hours time
difference? Puhh.. maybe I am wrong, but this is how it seems to be.

Any ideas?

Andy

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>     I see really nothing wrong in your example. Did you tried to verify
with
> isset() if the cookie is still here or not?
>     And well, you should use double quote on setcookie("referrer",
$user_id,
> time()+10);
>     You call should be also $_COOKIE['referrer'] and not
$_COOKIE[referrer].