Hi, all --

I have a php script which writes comments out to a file in the format

  field@@comment
  field@@comment

and everything has worked delightfully -- until someone put in a newline
in one of the items and now we have

  field@@com
  ment
  field@@comment

and things break.  I read the file, line by line, and parse on @@ as my
separator, so anything after a newline is lost.

I thought I'd just replace that newline with a <br> since that's what the
user really wants, but I can't get rid of the \n while I'm at it; through
various attempts at directly replacing or using variables or such like

  preg_replace("/\n/","<br>",$mydatastring) ;
  preg_replace("/$newline/","$linebreak",$mydatastring) ;

I get mixed results of

  field@@com<br>
  ment

or

  field@@com

but in no case have I managed to get

  field@@com<br>ment

which is what I want.

Is there a way to turn off the recognition of \n as an end of line and
instead operate on the entire $mydatastring?

TIA & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]