I know this problem.  Konqueror, Netscape, Mozilla, and Opera are all broken.
They use cache regardless of whether or not they should when you use the back
button.  I know of no way around it.

What especially pisses me off is that Mozilla, shortly before 1.0, worked
properly, even when you used the back button, as IE does.  But the 1.0
release broke it, as though they did it intentionally.

Here's what I use, though it really only works in IE where the back button is
concerned:

// Don't allow browsers to cache data
header ('Last-Modified: '.gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s").' GMT');
header ('Expires: '.gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s").' GMT');
header ('Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate');
header ('Pragma: no-cache');

If anyone has any further information, I would appreciate it.  Are there
workarounds in PHP?  Or do I need to complain to the web browser makers?

- Casey

--
Casey Allen Shobe / Network Security Analyst & PHP Developer
SecureWorks, Inc. / 404.327.6339 x169 / Fax: 404.728.0144

Lost Terminal.