[snip]
As you can see, If I'm going to preserve the double quotes in the third
column, I would have to come up with a script that would deal with escaped
characters.

I was hoping that I could just establish an ODBC connection to the text
file, which it appears that I can, and then select stuff from it.
Microsoft's documentation that I could find states that their text driver
doesn't support create/drop table, insert, or update commands (obviously),
but it doesn't mention SELECT as being off limits...
[/snip]

The quotes should not be a problem as you could use addslashes() to escape
them. On your connection you say that it does not return an error;

$odbc =3D odbc_connect("***input","",""); // This appears to work as no =
errors are reported

But you're not testing for errors

$odbc =3D odbc_connect("***input","","") OR die("There is an error
connecting to the CSV file.");

Make sure that you trap every potential error.

Jay

* Texas PHP Developers Conf  Spring 2003            *
* T Bar M Resort & Conference Center                *
* New Braunfels, Texas                              *
* Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]       *
* Want to present a paper or workshop? Contact now! *