> If on the other hand you actually want to retrieve data from your LDAP
> system then i suggest reading the manual. it's not actually a lot harder
> that connecting to RDBMS.
>
> I managed to get a working script straight off the manual page.
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.ldap.php

Unfortunately, what I know about LDAP would fit on the head of a very small
object (I.E. a pin), so I'm still getting used to the whole idea of LDAP...

So, with NDS, I would just do an ldp_bind to the proper tree, with a
username and password, and testing for that would tell me if the
Username/Password combination is valid, or would there be something further
I'd have to do?....

Thanks!
Richard W.