From: Aaron Gould [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 9:35 AM
To: PHP-GENERAL
Subject: [PHP] PHP or Apache problem?

I have recently installed Apache 2.0.40 with PHP 4.2.3 on a development
server...

When I type the IP address of the server into my browser, all I see is
PHP code.  However, when I type the IP address, with the "index.php", it
works perfectly!  Why would one work and not the other?

    192.168.1.1                       Doesn't work (displays the code in
"index.php")
    192.168.1.1/index.php       Does work!

I have these PHP-related entries in my httpd.conf file:

    LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so
    DirectoryIndex index.php index.html.var
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Am I missing something important here?

--