Two options:

(1) Leave your onSubmit as is, and put a form.submit in the checkemail
function once you've "validated" the address.

(2) Change the onSubmit to onSubmit="return checkemail(email.value)" and
have checkemail return true or return false according as it does or doesn't
"validate" the email.value passed.

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]