Hi,

Well after read php.net and my copy php 4 bible. I am lost with mail. I can
get it to work if I do this...

Mail ('[EMAIL PROTECTED]', 'Data Added',
       $fname, $lname .);

But I can't get this to work...I know someone going to call me stupid but I
am really having people with mail(), Is there a special place to put it?

Here example of my code....any way I trying to hammer it out and using
google to see where the error of my way is.

Chuck Payne

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Killers Added</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY TOPMARGIN="50">

<?php

if ($fname=="") {
    echo "You did not supply a first name. Please hit the 'Back' button on
          your browser and fill in a name.\n";
    exit;
  }

  if ($lname=="") {
    echo "You did not supply a Last Name. Please hit the 'Back' button on
          your browser and fill in a name.\n";
    exit;
  }

  if ($title=="") {
    echo "You did not supply a Movie Title. Please hit the 'Back' button on
          your browser and fill in a name.\n";
    exit;
  }

 $dbh = mysql_connect("deathtoasp", "zombieuser", "eatmsbrains")
         or die ("Unable to connect to database");
  mysql_select_db("slashers", $dbh)
         or die ("An error was reported");

  $table_name = "deathmovies";

  $statement = "INSERT INTO $table_name (fname, lname, title) VALUES
(\"$fname\", \"$lname\", \"$title\")";

  $result = mysql_query($statement, $dbh);

  if ($result) {

    echo "<H3>Adding the following record</H3>";
    echo "<hr>";
    echo "<br>";
    echo "<a href='addactormovie.html'>Add more Actor/Actress and Movie
which they stared in</a>";
    echo "<hr>";

   $address = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]";
   $Subject = "The new movie and actor added to phpMovie Library";
   $body = "Adding the following record
            Actor/Actress: '$fname $lname'
            Movie: '$title'";

    mail('$address', '$Subject', '$body .');

  } else {

    echo "There was an error saving your entry. Please try back in a
    little while.";
  }

?>

</BODY>