Jaski,

On Tuesday, September 24, 2002 5:07 PM
Jaski wrote:
> No Edwin .. I can't do any thing to that file .. not even from my
> ftp client .. can't download can't change permissions ..

I think you won't be able to do anything with the file IF you use your ftp
client. The reason is because *you* don't own the file so you can't read it
nor change it's permissions. Your *script(s)* owns the file so most probably
if you use another script to read and change the permissions, the script
would be able to do it. In other words, use your php script to read and
change the permissions. Perhaps, you'd like to play with these functions and
see what's happening...

  http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.is-readable.php
  http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.fileperms.php
  http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.chown.php

Of course, there's a lot more others under

  http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.filesystem.php

HTH,

- E