> -----Original Message-----
> From: Daren Cotter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: 25 September 2002 20:11

I know your real problem has been solved, but this might save you from wasting time
inspecting the wrong line of code one day:

> There isn't even a line 3 in the script:

Errr...

  1 <?php
  2 var_dump($argv);
  3 var_dump($GLOBALS);
  4 ?>

The error you got is because the $GLOBALS array is itself global, so contains a
reference to itself, which could cause infinite looping if PHP didn't detect it and
throw that error!

Incidentally, both var_dump() and print_r() output useful information about what's in
a variable, but in both cases the output is formatted using regular newlines and
spaces, with no HTML layout, so for large arrays such as $GLOBALS it's best to do
something like:

  echo "<pre>";
  print_r($GLOBALS);
  echo "</pre>";

The output from this is actually formatted rather nicely, and is quite easy to read
(and can be very informative!).

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]