> ----- Message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] ---------
>     Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:30:40 -0500 (CDT)
>     From: Rodolfo Gonzalez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  Subject: RE: [PHP] Encrypted MySQL passwords
>       To: John Holmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, John Holmes wrote:
> > > BTW (and I have not checked the CVS/TODO, so I ask here), is
> > > there planned support for SSL & MySQL 4.x.x in PHP?.
> > Yes. More info in Chapter 4.3.9.1 of the MySQL manual.
>
> Nope, I mean: support for SSL+MySQL4 in PHP's mysql_connect. I know that
> MySQL 4.0 supports SSL, but I don't know if PHP has/will have support for
> MySQL connections using SSL in future versions.
>
> Thanks.

Rodolfo (Tocayo!),

    MySQL uses mysql_real_connect with an int client_flag to enable SSL.
According to:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-connect.php

    The PHP mysql_connect will also use an int client_flag to enable SSL
connections. It seems that they are going to implement the exact same flags.
Note, it's planned for PHP v4.3.0

HTH.

Cheers,

Rodolfo

--
The greatest and noblest pleasure which men can have in this world is to
discover new truths; the next is to shake off old prejudices. - Frederick the