Justin French wrote:

> There is a directive in php.ini which allows a file to be included on EVERY
> page that php parses... one at the very start, and one at the very end of
> the script
>
> I'm pretty sure this is server-wide, but maybe it could be site- or
> directory-wide by setting the variable in a .htaccess file.

I'll check again but I think that it isn't. It's as you say, it's
include on  *every* page. It doesn't reside in memory it just cause PHP
to pre-pend and append a file to every script ...

But maybe PHP is smart enough to keep that file in memory between script
invocation and not have to read it off the disk every time a script is
called?

Jc