I know this should be very simple, but I just don't get it.

I want to delete a record from a mysql table, but prior to deleting the
record I want to receive an option to confirm the deletion.  On page one
(kb_areas_add.php) I have a form for inputting the field (area_todelete) for
the record I want to delete.  The form action goes to page two
(kb_areas_delete) on which I am asked to confirm the deletion.  I want to be
able to press the delete button to delete the record, or the cancel button
to cancel the operation.

The way the code is written, the record gets deleted immediately upon
clicking the submit button on page one.  Is there some way I can keep the
script on page two from executing until after I press the confirmation
button?

Thanks for any suggestions.

/* FORM FOR SELECTING AREA TO DELETE */

<form action='kb_areas_delete.php' method="post" name="DeleteAnArea">
<input type="submit" name="DeleteArea" value="Delete Area" border="0">
Area: <input type="text" name="area_todelete" size="24" border="0">
</form>

/* FORM TO CONFIRM DELETION */

<?php
//Delete Areas and All Subjects for the Area
$host = "localhost";
$user = "root";
$pass = "pwd";
$database = "new_kb";

// Connecting to the Database
$connect = mysql_connect($host, $user, $pass) or die("could not connect to
server");
$db_select = mysql_select_db($database) or die("could not select the
database");

// Get Area ID
$sql = "SELECT id FROM kb_areas WHERE area = '$area_todelete' ";
$result = mysql_query($sql) or die("could not complete your query for Area
ID");
$area_id = mysql_result($result, 0, "id");
?>

$area_todelete?></b></p>

<form action='kb_areas_add.php' method="post" name="DeleteTopic">
<input type="submit" name="DeleteArea" value="Delete"  > <b><a
href="kb_areas_add_test.php">Cancel</a></b>
</form>

<?php
//Delete area from kb_areas
$sql2 =  "DELETE FROM kb_areas WHERE id = $area_id";
$result2 = mysql_query($sql2) or die("couldn't complete your query to delete
the areas");
?>

<?php
//Delete subjects from kb
$sql3 =  "DELETE FROM kb WHERE area_id = $area_id";
$result3 = mysql_query($sql3) or die("couldn't complete your query to delete
the subjects");
?>