Locking it after insertion?  *thinking..like locking my front door so it
will never open again*  Don't think this is a feature we would want.  You
can, however, control it with your PHP code, assign a "lock" field in the
record, or other ways....  Or you could create another database with
another user and grant the "web user" only select permissions on it.
-Brad