I think this is going the wrong way about it -- the $HTTP_*_VARS arrays may be
deprecated, but the PHP developers have confirmed that they are not going to disappear
any time soon, so for code that has to work regardless of register_globals setting and
existence or not of superglobals, I'd stick with those.

(And, as already pointed out, the $_* arrays you create in this way are *not*
superglobals, and so would need to be globalled in every function which references
them, just like the $HTTP_*_VARS arrays -- so the only saving is maybe a few
characters less to type, but with the addition of much potential for confusion.)

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]