[snip]
from the client end, you can't
from the server end, you can use curl.

but I want to submit the action value as a POST rather than a GET. I then
have conditionals around each of my modules that check $_POST['action'] for
one of three values and only print that module if that's the action I need
the file to perform.

Basically I'm trying to figure out how to lump this all into one file.
Obviously I could split it into three files that do each of the desired
actions, but I would then also have to have a fourth file which provides a
front end into it, which I don't want to do and is what got me started down
this path.

How can I submit POST information to a php file without using an HTML form?
[/snip]

http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/12039/fid/51

HTH!

Jay