> From: Alex Shi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> 1. why PHP changed the way to access submitted vars;

    Because if you use a hidden variable like $validuser='yes' inside your
script you probably forgot to check whether the user did this:

www.eol.ca/page.php?validuser=yes

> 2. any good suggestion to avoid this problem, such as that is it possible
> to configure 4.2.2 to compatible downward.

    extract($HTTP_POST_VARS) will create all variables from that array.

 - Steve Yates
 - An unbreakable toy is only useful for breaking other toys.

~ Do you like my taglines? Add them to your messages and
~ laugh through hundreds more by downloading Taglinator
~ at www.srtware.com today!