John,

problem is broken HTTP/1.1 implementation of Internet Exploder.
Make your server downgrade to HHTP/1.0.
e.g. for apache:

<example>
<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>

    #
    # The following directives modify normal HTTP response behavior.
    # The first directive disables keepalive for Netscape 2.x and
browsers that
    # spoof it. There are known problems with these browser
implementations.
    # The second directive is for Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0b2
    # which has a broken HTTP/1.1 implementation and does not properly
    # support keepalive when it is used on 301 or 302 (redirect)
    #
    BrowserMatch "Mozilla/2" nokeepalive
    BrowserMatch "MSIE" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

    #
    # The following directive disables HTTP/1.1 responses to browsers
which
    # are in violation of the HTTP/1.0 spec by not being able to grok a
    # basic 1.1 response.
    #
    BrowserMatch "RealPlayer 4\.0" force-response-1.0
    BrowserMatch "Java/1\.0" force-response-1.0
    BrowserMatch "JDK/1\.0" force-response-1.0

</IfModule>
</example>

copy BrowserMatch line in SSL virtual server section too.

-Stathis.

Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> Nope, PHP does not send that.
>
> On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, 1LT John W. Holmes wrote:
>
> > I believe in miracles. I have searched Microsoft and the first link was
> > actually related to my problem...
> >
> > Okay, I found an IE issue where downloads over SSL will choke when you send
> > a no-cache header. It says to use a no-store cache-control header, instead.
> > I tried this:
> >
> >     header("cache-control: no-store");
> >     header("content-type: application/vnd.ms-excel; name='excel'");
> >     header("content-disposition: attachment; filename=" . $filename .
> > ".xls");
> >
> > and I'm still getting the same thing. Is the no-cache cache-control header
> > sent automatically by PHP at all? I don't have one set explicitly in my
> > code.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated.
> >
> > ---John Holmes...

Rouvas Stathis