Good day,

I'm trying to create a PHP app to connect to a remote port that uses SSL.

According to the documentation for fsockopen() ...

As of PHP 4.3.0, if you have compiled in OpenSSL support, you may prefix the
hostname with either 'ssl://' or 'tls://' to use an SSL or TLS client
connection over TCP/IP to connect to the remote host.

I don't see a 4.3.0 version available for download.  The CVS changelog
refers to a 4_3 branch someplace, so I presume I could get this feature by
compiling from CVS, but there are a number of other applications that
upgrading could break so I'd like to try to avoid using CVS if possible.

Is there any other way to do this via PHP, other than calling stunnel via a
shell command and using fsockopen to the unencrypted endpoint?  I have
Googled and searched though the PHP site, but I haven't come up with
anything else.

I don't need to supply a client certificate, if that helps any...

Thanks in advance,

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP